Create patterns and modify them in real time, or let Xynthesizr do it for you using its morphing algorithms. Change scale and key, or transpose within a scale on-the-fly. Tweak parameters of the internal synthesizer or output MIDI to your favorite apps and devices. Record and share your creations.
"This really is a lot of fun and, hooked up to a synth like Thor or Z3TA+, there are plenty of creative options to be explored here."
- John Walden, musicappblog.com
"Xynthesizr is about the only tone matrix app that can keep up with my short attention span. There are so many ways to shape, and constantly reshape, your sound... There's a lot to play with here!"
- Tim Webb, discchord.com
"Overall, Xynthesizr is a very interesting instrument that is fun to play and lovely to look at."
- Tom Flint, Sound on Sound
"Xynthesizr holds a lot of creative potential, and between a user friendly interface, a practical onboard synth, inspiring generative features, and solid MIDI implementation, this is a useful tool that can really benefit a wide range of iOS musicians."
- Chip Boaz, iosmusicandyou.com
"...one of my absolute go-to apps"
- Sean Garland, iosmars.com
- MIDI support (including Virtual MIDI) for syncing and sending notes to synths, samplers and drum machines
- Notes to MIDI channel mapping for driving multiple apps or devices simultaneously
- Ableton Link support (see ableton.com/link for more information)
- Audiobus 3 support (see audiob.us for more information)
- Inter-App Audio support
- 40+ bundled presets
- Save your own patterns and presets
- Record and export audio
- Gestures to easily edit patterns on-the-fly
- [Conway's Game of] Life-like cellular automata and probability-based pattern morphing
- Limit pattern morphing to a selectable area of the grid
- Variable tempo, step length subdivision and pattern length
- Variable velocity per step
- Selectable keys and scales with ability to transpose in real time
- An option to tie consecutive notes of same pitch to make longer notes
- Shift and flip patterns
- Create and use your own scales and Life-like cellular automata rules
- Color-coded octaves
Synthesizer and FX features
- 32-bit floating point sound engine
- 16 voice polyphony
- 2 antialiased oscillators per voice
- 4 waveforms (sine, triangle, sawtooth, square)
- 4-pole (24 dB/oct) low-pass resonant filter
- 2 ADSR envelope generators (amplitude and filter cutoff frequency)
- 2 LFOs to modulate 4 selectable LFO targets (filter frequency, pitch, amplitude, second oscillator detune)
- Stereo delay, reverb and randomized panner
Standalone: Inter-App Audio, Audiobus 3, Ableton Link
Universal (iPad and iPhone)